Chronogram Media Employment Opportunities
Chronogram Media, an equal opportunity employer, is looking for qualified, energetic, and passionate community members to join our staff. Open positions are below.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Chronogram Media, publisher of Chronogram and Upstate House, is seeking a part-time, freelance graphic designer to work with our company on an ongoing basis. You will collaborate with our team to develop visually engaging print and digital materials for marketing, branding, and event campaigns. The schedule and workload will vary on a per project basis.
- Create marketing materials and advertisements for digital, print, and social media
- Uphold Chronogram Media’s brand aesthetic
- Implement feedback and changes
- Ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
Bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic design or related field preferred
Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- 3-5 years experience in graphic design
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals, layouts, and typography
- Attention to detail
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience with both print and digital media
- Portfolio of creative projects required
- Illustration and animation skills are a plus
- Hybrid, Kingston, NY.
- $20-$30 per hour depending on experience
How to apply
- Send cover letter, resume, and link to design portfolio to [email protected]. No calls please. Hy
Chronogram is seeking an energized and enthusiastic intern to join and learn from our Marketing and Sales Teams. Students seeking credit welcome! You will get experience in many standard industry tools such as WordPress, CRM Tools(Customer Relationship Management), Mailing Agents, Project Management Tools and other “must have” tools if you intend to enter the Marketing/Sales/Advertising/Communications industry.
Who is Chronogram Media?
- Publishers of Chronogram, Upstate House, Explore, Upstater, The River Newsroom, and Rural Intelligence
- Event organizers of Chronogram Conversations
- Publishers of various custom publications and events surrounding those publications
In office at 45 Pine Grove Avenue, Kingston, NY 12401 (or virtual)
- Joining Meetings, communicating with Marketing team, Editorial Team, Publisher and Sales Team
- Performing market analysis and research on competition
- Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Monitoring all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Hands on experience with event coordination and marketing
- Participating in Chronogram Conversations, greeting/ushering guests
- Coordination and promotion of annual Rural Intelligence Readers’ Choice Awards
- Posting stories to Chronogram Instagram to promote events and marketing activations
- Assisting in capturing content at events and photoshoots
- Use of our CRM, updating client information, generating email lists for sales reps and marketing team
Chronogram is looking for an undergraduate student in the Hudson Valley area who is majoring in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration or related business industry. The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of social media, Google Workspace, and Excel experience. Video editing is a bonus.
College Credit is available, and we’d require 16 or more hours a week. Internships are voluntary and unsalaried.
Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
Flexible schedule for students
Contact Marketing and Events Manager, Margot Isaacs ([email protected]) via email with cover letter, resume, and references.