Chronogram Media Employment Opportunities
Chronogram Media, an equal opportunity employer, is looking for qualified, energetic, and passionate community members to join our staff. Open positions are below.
Cannabis Editor for Chronogram Magazine
We are looking for a thoughtful writer/editor to help coordinate and create Chronogram’s coverage of the emerging legal cannabis ecosystem in NY and the Northeast for our marijuana-focused vertical, High Society. Our coverage of the cannabis sector will span a wide spectrum of stories, from the effect of dispensaries on local communities; following the legislation’s restorative justice initiatives; how small farmers might benefit, how legacy market operators (formerly known as pot dealers) might transition into a legal framework; how law enforcement will deal with DUI; and the various aspects of consumption, including products and retail commerce. Our coverage of the cannabis sector will be in line with Chronogram’s approach to covering the HV lifestyle. It will not be High Times-style weed propaganda.
To start, this is a part-time position that is primarily focused on two objectives:
1. Producing a weekly newsletter to be sent to the High Society mailing list via Mail Chimp on Wednesdays.
2. Writing a monthly feature for the print version of Chronogram on the emerging legal cannabis ecosystem.
Interested? Contact Editorial Director Brian K. Mahoney ([email protected]) via email with a cover letter and links to clips.
Experienced Account Executive (Media Sales)
Account Executives are responsible for planning, creating, and managing the execution of sales plans, relationship building, and pipeline growth within an assigned account base as well as prospecting new clientele. They work in-line with the sales department’s annual and long-term business plans and profitability goals. They broker deals, sign contracts, manage relationships with key clients and develop and manage programs to generate and increase sales of Chronogram Media products and services. This is a commissionable position with a base salary.
- Sales: Develop and manage relationships with clients and prospects to assist them in creating marketing decisions that utilize Chronogram Media’s products and service offerings to benefit their business goals. Work with personnel and marketing departments to create the perfect package of Chronogram Media products tailored to the clients class of trade, market demographics, and customer focus within their allotted budget.
- Pipeline Building: Assess and review your region. Source, evaluate, and select a pipeline of applicable businesses for specific products and packages, assessing credit worthiness, marketing budgets, and overall marketing landscape and current efforts to create a clear and robust pipeline. Assess which products would be best for prospects, key goals and demographics.
- Competition: Assess the region’s competition via publications, small marketing firms, and other resources that may hinder deals from closing. Determine strategies to showcase Chronogram Media’s superiority in competing services.
- Attend business and client networking events throughout the Hudson Valley on a regular basis as well as attend and assist with internal events hosted by Chronogram Media throughout the year.
Experience and Skills:
- A business degree emphasizing sales/marketing desired or other job-related field or equivalent business experience with 2 plus years’ sales experience.
- Previous experience including the development of annual business plans, sales forecasts and reports, and budget management.
- Also required are excellent analytical and creative problem solving abilities, verbal/written communication, work organization, and contract negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google Suite required. Familiarity with CRM software.
- Valid and current U.S. Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Smartphone with data plan
- This is a remote position.
- Account Executives are the first point of contact for our customers and must be available during regular business hours in order to best support their clients.
- Applicant must be local to the Hudson Valley & Berkshires regions in order to service customers in person when necessary.
- Base salary + commissions $60-$80k on target earnings
Interested? Contact Director of Business Development Lisa Montanaro ([email protected]) via email with cover letter, resume, and references.
Marketing and Events Manager
Chronogram Media, a leading multi-platform media company in Kingston, NY is seeking a self-starter with 3-5 years of experience as marketing manager or a similar position. Responsibilities include:
Virtual and in-person event conceptualization, logistics and sponsorship coordination, marketing, and execution (Chronogrammies, Chronogram Conversations, etc.)
- Meet with management team to determine event concept
- Research legal requirements and obtain permits
- Coordinate staffing, vendors, sponsors, run of show timeline, etc.
- Create marketing plan and coordinate with the production team to create marketing materials
- Set up necessary platforms for tickets, registration, etc.
- Coordinate and execute marketing campaign in internal and external channels
- Onsite / day of event management
Marketing campaign conceptualization, coordination, and execution for ongoing sales initiatives (B2B marketing), subscription and membership programs (B2C marketing)
- Coordinate with business development director, CEO, and editors to brainstorm and schedule upcoming messaging and promotions
- Coordinate, create, and execute marketing campaigns in internal and external channels
- Manage ChronogramMedia.com website and fulfill single issue and subscription orders
- Customer service as needed
Project management for internal and external campaigns or projects
- Create project plan and timeline
- Follow up with team members and hold check in meetings to ensure goals are being met
Creative partnership creation and management
- Respond to sponsorship requests and creative partnership inquiries
- Determine mutually beneficial benefits
- Track and coordinate benefits (supply creative assets, coordinate event presence among staff members, etc.)
Characteristic of a Good Candidate:
- Good time management skills
- Highly organized
- Able to create processes and manage time effectively
Must have 3-5 years of experience in marketing, event planning, campaign development, and project management and familiarity with Google Suite. Experience in Photoshop and Mailchimp preferred. Knowledge of print, digital, and programmatic advertising a plus. Please email resumes and cover letter to Samm Liotta ([email protected]).